Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"This is the Room"

Believe me, it's in there. The room where it all started! The Royal Free Hospital today, Hampstead, London.



Kid fingered dolls line the wall,
Small soft footsteps heard out in the hall,
Tell me something Mother of mine,
Will I see the end, will I be fine?
Dirty old men sniffing out girls,
Black & white dogs shitting themselves,
White coated men man handling the boys,
Handing them tissues, handing them toys,
Socks hanging off the ends of my feet,
Feeling sick way down, pain comes to meet,
Blood up the walls, sick on the floor,
Tears in my eyes, gap in the door,
Remote control, You & me,
Who is to blame, My fault maybe?
The light is my friend until it goes out,
Then darkness, I call, I want, so I shout,
This is the room, the start of it all,
The beginning, the end, the long hard fall,
Bags of sweets for the holes in me,
Come play with the needles, come play on my knee,
I've been lost ever since I left that room,
I'm still here, but the room is a tomb,
It's no longer there now, a place no more,
It's just a room, four walls and a door,
Still you can hear the line outside,
Of young boys & girls who have already died,
I'm left with nothing, empty & hollow,
I'm still in that line just waiting to follow.



Jason






(C) JPT 2008.........490.84 miles.

3 comments:

Ros said...

Love the words, very clever poem, but it's so bleak and sad too. So true.

I hope you're ok, Ptolemy, on this leap day?

X

Ample said...

I am crying so hard. So very hard. So very hard.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, beautiful, sad and emotional. You have such a talent! Shelley xxx xxx xxx