Sunday, February 03, 2008

"My Kayaking for January 2008"

My feet poolside at Ealing Pool, West London, Jan 31st 2008. Ian is in the green boat practicing a manoeuver that I can't remember the name of!



As you can see from last months kayaking stats...I haven't done much! It isn't from not wanting to. It has just been far too wet and the water provided by the rainfall in January has made the rivers swell and run very fast. This is all very well if you have a car waiting for you down stream somewhere, otherwise you will just not be able to get back up stream and back to the car. Maybe if I was in my longer, thinner sea kayak, I might have a better chance. But I have to use my tiny Dagger RPM and trying to paddle up stream in that whilst the river is running the way it has been of late, I would be going backwards! Plus the water is cold;)

The Thursday trips to Ealing are much needed and the warmth of the swimming pool is well appreciated too. And is also a great opportunity to practice my kayak rolls and hand rolls etc. I am really looking forward to this year where kayaking is concerned. I am going to make sure that I get a fair bit of sea kayaking in this year. And there is a lake in North Wales that I will definitely get to this summer!! Last years sea kayaking was pretty thin, in fact I went once, with Lee, to Lulworth Cove. Thats just terrible! Lee, we gotta do more sea kayaking dude!


Below, if you're interested are my stats for January's kayaking.


Thursday 17th January 2008 @ 21:00pm, Ian & others, Ealing Pool, 90mins.

Thursday 24th January 2008 @ 21:00pm, Ian & others, Ealing Pool, 90mins.

Thursday 31st January 2008 @ 21:00pm, Ian & others, Ealing Pool, 90mins.




Jason








(C) JPT 2008.

3 comments:

'A friend who bleeds is better' said...

Like the foot job!

Anonymous said...

Here's a reply from a young woman with a weight on her shoulders....my whole life has been, but nothing to what you have been thru Jae.....so a happy belated birthday and acongrats on your results and for why you have stopped talking with me, i can only guess....(certain people's involvement?) i dunno Jae, i thought we were mates.

Goo luck on your results. Was very happy to read them.

Love and hugs
Hxxx

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rWR-jJ3v1pk

Anonymous said...

good luck too....puddy cat pinching my food as i type!! X. Bestest wishes. xxxx