Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Mum's The Word"

Mr T's filthy little feeties;)

A pinch & a punch....the first day of the month! No April Fools here I'm afraid! I completely forgot didn't I! What a silly sausage I be;)

I was going nuts...totally nuts...really I was! I just had to didn't I! I did feel like a right twit though.....but I definitely needed it! The ride on my Mum's bike that is (keep reading & I'll explain). I haven't been out on anything except four wheels and a pair of trainers since Wednesday....tell a lie, I did a bit of kayaking up at Ealing pool on Thursday night....and "Dessert (dessert as in pudding;) Storm" went in on Friday afternoon. My little bike has been spending the weekend over at the local grease monkeys. Bit of a pampering was needed is all and a few replacement parts too. I am sooo useless when it comes to home maintenance on bikes or cars &....er.....well....anything mechanical really. So in the shop she goes! I miss her sooo much already! This is why I want (need) a second bike! I could feel my leg muscles waisting away as I slept last night! I was thinking of all the ways I could get hold of a bike for Sunday. Jac's is too small for me and Daisy's is the same size as Jac's! Lee's is too big....he is 6ft 5ins! With the seat right down, & with my 5ft 10ins I can hardly reach the pedals! My legs are a bit on the short side;) I do make up for it though in other areas;).........I have a longer body;) Now now!! What sort of Blog did you think this was eh;)
I also contemplated going to the gym with Jac on her guest pass thingy and use their cycling machine for an hour or so. But it isn't the same and Wow!, what a Lovely day it was. The gym was quickly kicked in the balls with all it's sweat stained excercise machines and not forgetting to mention the ever reliable layers of all kinds of germs and dried snot from dripping noses! Then I thought of my Mums bike in her shed. Perfick! It's aluminium, it has a gigantic bell on the front and two absolute bottomless baskets attached to each end (in case you wanted to move house one day)....one of them being a stolen Tescos shopping basket! No suspension at all.....but, hey-ho;) The bell was fine and I thought it would be good fun to deafen people out of the way as I rocketed around the park. As it turned out, I didn't need to use the bell as it went off of it's own volition whenever I went over a bit of bumpy ground. Bing! Bing! the bell would go and everyone would look around at me as if to say 'Whassup dude!....We isn't in ya way! Slow da f*ck daan ya prick!
Anyway, I "borrowed" my Mums bike and snidely took off the baskets when my Mum was out shopping with my Sis Tarn and took it to Richmond Park. Packed with people as usual, but it felt as though I went a lot faster than I normally do. I think it may have been a combination of my leg muscles being fit to burst like wound up rubber bands and the fact that my Mums tyres are semi-slick and quite narrow compared to my very nobbly mud tyres! But.....my Mums bike weighs more than mine. I don't know what mine weighs but I know it is lighter than Mums (by quite a bit) which is a whopping 39lbs! That has put my mind at rest about choosing a full-suss mountain bike and wether it would be too heavy to ride next to what I am used to. The full-suss I have my eye on is 26.7lbs. I reckon I could handle that. I still need to weigh my other bike......I should get it back tomorrow (Monday). I weigh 1lb under 11 stone if you're interested.
Actually, I (along with Daisy's help) just decided today that a full-susser would be best....for one thing, I already have a pretty decent hard-tail and a full-susser would do my joints the world of good on those roots and rocks up in the hills. I just need to commit now and order the bastard thing!!
So there I was, riding around RP on a ladies bike, with nowhere to put my watter bottle....except in my rucky (can you believe that it don't even have holes to fit on a water-bottle cage!)....and I actually found it quite a pleasant ride. As I said, quite fast too. I did 15 miles in 1hr 10mins. It was very windy (17mph) too & very warm (16 degrees) for the time of year! I was so grateful to get out today, so thank you Mum for the use of your fantastic bike:) I didn't think you'd mind seeing as though you won't be using it so soon after your knee replacement;) I have yet to put the baskets back on....which I will do, but I think I will wait just in case my bike ain't ready tomorrow and need to "borrow" it again;)

The rest of the day was spent high-pressure jet washing my Mums crazy paving at the end of her back garden with Daisy. That is where I got the mucky ankles from, and not cycling as you may have presumed. Funnily enough, they do look exactly like that after a ride in the mud.

So there you have it.....what more could you ask for eh? You got a mountain biker riding his Mummy's bike around the park and a Lovely photo of his filthy little skinny legs to boot;) I'm afraid I didn't get a pic of me on my Mums bike, as I was on a mission to get back home as fast as I could in case anyone I knew saw me on it. I'd never be able to live it down;)



Jason






(C) JPT.........923.92 miles.

6 comments:

Not Blank said...

Jason, help - there was a sattelite photo taken of you on the bike...there was a man who handed me this message in a bottle. I broke the bottle over his head and knocked him out, but it read:
"Assemble $10,000 in non-sequential Andrew Jacksons, put them in a paper bag and await further instructions to avoid publication of the photo."
(I am only the go-between here Jason, not the person with the picture. I got away from him once, but I think he is serious and can find me again! Do this for me, if not for you!)

Anonymous said...

I was looking out for you in RP yesterday, but I have to say I wasn't expecting to see you on a ladies shopper.

Good luck with the new purchase.

Ros said...

You've done a fine job with the patio - and the feet look pretty good too :))

Chris Vacano said...

Hey Jason!

I can't even imagine you on your mum's bike, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get your fix. Rumor has it that Ewan MacGregor is playing a character based on you in a new film about bicycle addiction called "ChainSpotting". ;-)

Great photo... the dirt looks sort of like a pair of middle age leggings made of crushed velvet... tres chic! I'm impressed (and just a titch jealous) at what good shape your ankles are in (for a hemo)... doesn't look like you have much orthopedic change at all.

Cheers!
Chris

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

UC, $10.000 in $20 bills neatly piled into the bottom of a paper bag as requested.....awaiting instructions! Although, I really do think you should hit him with a bigger bottle next time;)

WW, I was round there sooo fast that even my own Mum wouldn't have recognized the silver blur that spun around RP that afternoon;)

Ros, Thanks for the compliment on the patio. As you can see, it is quite a messy job! And the patio;)
If you think my feet look pretty good......you should try seeing the rest of it some day! Do they do a 5ft 10in paper bag?

Chris, This is why I didn't take any photos of me on it! I'm pretty happy with folk not even imagining me on it;) Although it looks as though UC has something that could ruin my reputation as one of the coolest bleeders known to man;)
Nice picture! Are you insane? Look at how skinny & bony they are! And hairy too! I got ladies legs for sure;)
I took another picture just after that one and decided against posting it as it does show you how much bigger my right ankle is to my left one. I'll send it to you via e-mail to see if you still think I have great legs (for a Hemo obviously;)

ChainSpotting indeed! Did you see the film with Ewan in called Black Tyre Down?

TeaStarWitch said...

Yeap, bike wich does not move forward sucks, It does not give you all the feelings a real one would.
Mum's bike is much better, energywise and a feelingwise. : )
Happy for you, you are doing good